Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

New Blog, New Home, New Life

Yep. I did it. I joined the world of blogging. I have so many things to rant and rave about in my new country of residency that I figured I would give it a go. Let everyone in on a little bit of my life, on the opposite side of the world.

So let's see. A little about me. I'm 24. I live in Japan, situated about 5 miles out from a US Naval base. I don't have any children or pets, although I'd love to have a pet. I'm not allowed. I've been in Japan for 6 months and I love it here. If I could live here forever, I would. Obviously I'd have to do a lot of traveling back to the states to see family, but I'm not even going to think about it, because it's just not possible anyways. I teach English to some of the cutest kids on the planet.

For those of you that don't know, living in Japan is extremely expensive compared to the United States. I feel like a poor kid half of the time, because all the Japanese girls around here carry designer handbags (we're talking Louis Vuitton) and wear designer clothes and sky-high stilettos and even run in those suckers. They spend hundreds of dollars and many hours to look the way they do. They have porcelain skin and look like dolls. I could say just as much for the guys, minus the stilettos. And then I come walking along in my $20 jeans, converse sneakers and t-shirts. I don't blend in to put it mildly. But I'm okay with that. I'm becoming a little more fashion conscious while over here, but don't expect much. I prefer my Betsey Johnson purse to Louis Vuitton. I will always prefer comfortable shoes over painful ones. I'm always going to be me, no matter where I'm living.

2 comments:

Christine S. said...

Welcome to the blogging world! :D

Tara said...

Thanks! :]

Post a Comment