Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Time Zones

I still get caught off guard when talking to friends in the states and it's their bedtime when I'm getting ready for lunch or they're on their lunch break and I should be sleeping....but I'm not. I've always been a night owl, but it seems like I am even more so since moving here because I have the mindset that if I stay awake, I might catch my mom or close friends online by chance. Sometimes it works, but mostly....it doesn't. So I do ridiculous things like clean the house at 2:00AM, rock out to the japanese music countdown or concerts on Music on TV, do some online shopping...and the list could go on forever. If I was smart, I would just go to bed and be done with it, right? Well, I've tried that. And I just lay in bed staring at the ceiling for hours. Insomnia much? Good thing I work in the afternoon-evening!

In all seriousness though, I totally forget that I'm halfway around the world instead of just a few hours away when talking to friends. It's a little surreal to know that I'm eating dinner while my friends are just waking up to start the same day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment